Saturday, October 1, 2011

Martin Stewart

I often joke that my husband is Martin Stewart, Martha's brother. I'm not sure how or when he acquired such skills, but he is always surprising me with helpful home organizing tips. The moment I realized I was going to marry Dylan was on a quiet Saturday afternoon. He invited me over to watch football and when I arrived I was surprised to see him feverishly dusting and cleaning while watching the game. When he asked if I would help him make his bed I politely agreed. Although I found it odd, I thought it would be rude to decline this request so early in our budding relationship. Yet, if he would have handed me a toilet brush, our love story might have ended sourly that day. As we pulled the sheets off the bed he explained that he like to keep several sets of clean linens in the closet so he can immediately remake the bed with clean sheets instead of waiting until the laundry is done. A light bulb blew up in my head. Why had I not heard this before? Was I daydreaming the day my mother taught me this valuable house keeping skill? I would soon find out that my future-husband was an abundant source for time-saving, space-saving,and amazing house keeping skills. So, as I continue this blog, I must add the disclaimer that some of my brilliant ideas aren't mine at all, but the master work of Martin Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment